The Arc Stevens County holds two fund-raising events each year – a Spring Rose sale and a Noon Luncheon / Bake Sale. Local community members and groups participate with crafts and bake sale items.
Regional Fitness Center memberships (University of Minnesota – Morris) and summer camp scholarships for The Arc Stevens County members are funded by these events.
Other events include a spring picnic for members, staff and families; and a Christmas program presented by the
non–denominational religion classes with a party following.
Dates and/or results for 2015 events are as follows:
(Click on an event heading to see a photo gallery from previous years).
- Rose Sale –
- Our 2015 Rose Sale was a great success! Thank you to all of you who purchased roses and/or helped with the Rose Sale.
- Total results were:
- 610 dozen roses: $10,925.00
- Roses: $4,891.90
- Sun Tribune: 149.40
- KMRS/KKOK: 126.35
- Total Expenses: $5,167.65
- Net Profit: $5,757.35
- Spring Picnic –
- The Arc Stevens County’s Spring picnic is a celebration for our clients, staff, members and families, followed by our Arc Stevens County board meeting. It is held on the first Monday in May each year.
- Our 2015 Spring Picnic was held on May 4th and was a great time of food and fun for all who attended. Check out our picnic gallery to view photos from a previous years’ picnic.
- Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale –
- Arc Stevens County’s annual Fall Bake Sale/Noon Luncheon will be held Wednesday, October 21st, at the American Legion in Morris. Coffee and rolls will be served beginning at 9:00 a.m. Garden produce, baked goods and some homemade items will be available. Due to a change in DAC funding, there will be a limited number of craft items for sale.
- A quilt raffle will again be featured. The beautiful quilt is hand-quilted by the women from the Apostolic Christian Church. The noon luncheon will begin at 11:30 a.m. and continue until 1:00 p.m. Hot dishes, salads, rolls, condiments and pie will be featured. The proceeds from this event go toward RFC memberships and camperships for Stevens County clients.
- Donations of food items (baked goods, garden produce, jellies and jams) for the Bake Sale, and/or donations of a hotdish, salad or dessert for the Luncheon are greatly appreciated! Please remember to put your name on your dishes so they may be returned. Verna Zeiher will be contacting people who have donated items in the past for morning coffee and luncheon dishes. If you have not contributed a hot dish, salad or pie and would like to do so, please give Verna a call at 589.4002.
- We could also use “helpers” to serve the meal and/or clean up. Again, please contact Verna Zeiher at 589.4002 to volunteer your time, or to contribute food for the Luncheon or Bake Sale.
- Christmas Program
- The Arc Stevens County Christmas Program was held on Sunday, December 7, 2014, at
1:30 p.m. at Federated Church in Morris. It was a great time for all who attended.
- The Christmas story was enacted along with audience participation of Christmas hymns. Following the program, lunch was served by the Swan Lake 4-H Club. Special guests with treat bags for attendees arrived following the lunch.
- This event is open to the public.